YOU may remember the lovely looking CB1100RS 5Four from 2019, built by renowned motorcycle builder Guy Wilson, with the classically styled retro bruiser as its base. Well Guy and Honda UK have been at it again, only this time the CB1000R 5Four takes on a more performance-focused form.
The 2021 version of Honda’s flagship naked bike caught Guy’s eye, with its subtle makeover for this year making it seem like the perfect basis for his next machine. Once the bike was selected, Guy worked from nose to tail, transforming the CB1000R into the classic endurance racer for the road you see before you.
“An obvious starting point? The rear. The 5Four tail tidy has no exterior bracketry so the lines are clean.” Guy said, outlining the beginnings of the journey. “We’ve also fitted a slim LED rear light enabling the number plate to be mounted as high as possible revealing the whole of the rear tyre. The 5Four composite fairing has been designed to flow with the existing lines of the bike and offer some respite from the elements for the rider and carries an individually numbered Limited Edition badge.” And there is more going on here then a simple redesign and styling tweak.
“Each bike comes with a fantastic Racefit titanium Growler X exhaust to enhance the single-sided swingarm and beautiful new for 2021 spoked wheels; we’ve also fitted black adjustable dog-leg levers with anodized red adjusters and billet mirrors. The supple leather seat has been hand-stitched in the trademark 5Four diamond-padded pattern and, for the paint, we’ve brought the Works Hondas of old bang-up-to-date with stunning candy red, blue and pearl white. The tank also wears a lovingly hand-painted Honda racing logo. We’re so proud of the CB1000R 5Four – and it’s as good to ride as it is to look at!”
The base for the CB1000R 5Four is a standard 2021 CB1000R with a quickshifter fitted. Each will be one of a limited production run with every bike individually numbered. The OTR price is £16,954.
HONDA CB1000R 5Four MODIFICATIONS AT A GLANCE
- Evocative Honda Endurance-inspired paintwork in candy red, blue and pearl white
- Custom-made composite front headlight fairing
- Individually numbered limited edition badge
- Hand-painted Honda tank logo
- Handstitched diamond pattern leather seat with laser-etched 5Four logo
- Custom-made tail tidy with reflector mount for 7”x5” show plate and standard number plate
- Slimline LED rear light
- Racefit (race only – yeah right!) titanium Growler-X exhaust with laser-etched 5Four/Racefit logos
- LSL dog-leg brake and clutch levers, and mirrors
- Signed certificate of authenticity
- Option to have Guy Willison’s signature painted on the tailpiece
Ordering a bike can be done through an official Honda dealer, with a deposit securing the bike.
For more information, head to: www.honda.co.uk