THE first bike to arrive from the 2022 Ducati range has been revealed, as the Ducati DesertX prepares to hit the trails with its full reveal taking place this December.
A press release on its media site has confirmed that starting on the 30th of September 2020, the Ducati World Première 2022 web series will begin, charting all the new and updated models coming in 2022.
Aired on the Ducati website and YouTube channel, the web series will go live every two weeks from the 30th from this month onwards, and it is saving the most exciting new model for the final episode. That episode will land on the 9th December, and will reveal the production version of the DesertX concept first seen at EICMA 2020.
Likely to be Ducati’s most serious assault at the mid-weight adventure market, the DesertX drew massive amounts of attention when it was unveiled at EICMA a couple of years ago. It’ll be the firm’s attempt to steal sales from the likes of Yamaha and the Ténéré 700, KTM and the 890 Adventure and Triumph with the Tiger 900.
The DesertX is a modern, Dakar-inspired take on the adventure theme, with an all-new chassis, 21″ front wheel, 937 cc Testastretta engine. The bike pays homage to Ducati’s 1990 win in the Dakar rally when a Cagiva Elefant using Ducati’s 900cc air-cooled V-twin took the top step of the podium in the event. The bike borrows the colour scheme and the pinstripes from the Dakar bike, all finished off with a set of twin round headlights mounted in the front fairing – how very retro!
Ducati World Première 2022 web series dates:
- September 30, 2021: Ducati World Première – Episode 1 | Your everyday wonder
- October 14, 2021: Ducati World Première – Episode 2 | Mark your roots
- October 28, 2021: Ducati World Première – Episode 3 | Rule all mountains
- November 11, 2021: Ducati World Première – Episode 4 | A new Fighter in town
- November 25, 2021: Ducati World Première – Episode 5 | The evolution of Speed
- December 9, 2021: Ducati World Première – Episode 6 | Dream Wilder – DesertX