Arctic Cat’s build and price tool can be found here. You can configure the following models:
- Alterra 600 EPS, Alterra 600 XT, Alterra 600 LTD, Alterra 600 SE
Simple and straightforward interface
Only one machine to be configured; no 3D rendering; glitched a few times in our use
Limited models and limited customization limited our fun; Arctic Cat’s build and price tool has us wanting for more.
Can-Am’s build and price tool can be found here. It covers the following models:
- Outlander 450, Outlander DPS 450, Outlander Mossy Oak Edition 450, Outlander Max 450, Outlander Max DPS 450, Outlander Max 6×6 DPS 450
- Outlander 570, Outlander DPS 570, Outlander XT 570, Outlander Mossy Oak Edition 570, Outlander MR 570, Outlander X MR 570, Outlander Max 570, Outlander Max DPS 570, Outlander Max XT 570
- Outlander 650, Outlander DPS 650, Outlander XT 650, <a href=”https://www.atvrider.com/story/atvs/2020-can-am-outlander-650-mossy-oak-edition-review/”>Outlander Mossy Oak Edition 650</a>, Outlander X MR 650, Outlander Max DPS 650, Outlander Max XT 650, Outlander Max 6×6 DPS 650
- Outlander 850, Outlander DPS 850, Outlander XT 850, Outlander XT-P 850, Outlander X MR 850, Outlander Max XT 850, Outlander Max XT-P 850
- Outlander XT 1000R, Outlander XT-P 1000R, Outlander X XC 1000R, Outlander X MR 1000R, Outlander Max XT 1000R, Outlander Max XT-P 1000R, Outlander Max Limited 1000R, Outlander Max 6×6 XT 1000
- Renegade 570
- Renegade X MR 650
- Renegade 850, Renegade X XC 850
- Renegade X XC 1000R, Renegade X MR 1000R
Sheer level and depth of the tool; some accessories only offered by Can-Am
Cheesy-looking graphics; price can touch those of a nice used tow rig
We wish the graphics were more realistic, but then again we like to keep ourselves in check when looking at Can-Ams. It’s too easy to lose an afternoon playing with Can-Am’s configurator.
Honda’s build and price tool can be found here. It covers:
- FourTrax Rincon
- FourTrax Foreman Rubicon 4×4, FourTrax Foreman Rubicon 4×4 Automatic DCT, FourTrax Foreman Rubicon 4×4 Automatic DCT EPS, FourTrax Foreman Rubicon 4×4 Automatic DCT EPS Deluxe
- FourTrax Foreman 4×4, FourTrax Foreman 4×4 EPS, FourTrax Foreman 4×4 ES EPS
- FourTrax Rancher, FourTrax Rancher ES, FourTrax Rancher 4×4, FourTrax Rancher 4×4 ES, FourTrax Rancher 4×4 EPS, FourTrax Rancher 4×4 Automatic DCT EPS, FourTrax Rancher 4×4 Automatic DCT IRS, FourTrax Rancher 4×4 Automatic DCT IRS EPS
- FourTrax Recon, FourTrax Recon ES
Easy to use
Minimal depth; no 3D visuals; accessories don’t appear on machine being built; still no sport quads
Honda does what Honda does, and the configurator allows us to fantasize over some of our favorite UTVs like the Talon but doesn’t let the imagination run wild.
Kawasaki does not offer a build and price tool for its ATVs at this time.
Polaris’ build and price tool can be found here. You can select options and colors for the following:
- Sportsman 450 H.O., Sportsman 450 H.O. EPS, Sportsman 450 H.O. Utility
- Sportsman 570, Sportsman 570 EPS, Sportsman 570 EPS Utility, Sportsman 570 Premium, Sportsman 570 Trail, Sportsman 570 Utility HD, Sportsman 570 Hunt Edition, Sportsman 570 Ride Command Edition
- Sportsman 850, Sportsman 850 Premium, Sportsman 850 Ultimate Trail, Sportsman 850 High Lifter Edition
- Sportsman XP 1000 Hunt Edition, Sportsman XP 1000 Ultimate Trail, Sportsman XP 1000 Ride Command Edition, Sportsman XP 1000 High Lifter Edition
- Sportsman XP 1000 S
- Scrambler 850
Excellent 3D modeling; accessories for any taste and preference; clear graphics; can view the machine from the rider’s perspective
No sport ATVs
A fantastic build and price tool to configure the Polaris ATV of your dreams.
Suzuki does not offer a build and price tool for its ATVs at this time.
Yamaha’s build and price tool can be found here. It allows you to configure the following models:
- Grizzly EPS LE, Grizzly EPS SE, Grizzly EPS
- Kodiak 700 EPS SE, Kodiak 700 EPS, Kodiak 700
- Raptor 700R SE, Raptor 700R, Raptor 700
- YFZ450R SE, YFZ450R
Sport ATVs!; easy to keep tabs on everything; not overwhelming
Two-dimensional imagery lags behind other configurator tools; 2020 is newest model year available
Yamaha has clearly spent time and money on its UTV configurator tool and it shows. We wish the ATV tool had the same level of involvement and depth.
Which is your favorite? Don’t see your favorite configurator? If that’s the case, give us a shout on social media and we’ll update accordingly.