The Yamaha Ténéré 700 has become a popular choice amongst dirt-focused ADV riders, especially those shopping in the middleweight ADV category, but the Tuning Fork brand is surely feeling the pressure as that segment continues to heat-up.
So, it is not surprise then to see Yamaha toying with a more capable, more up-spec, and more expensive variant to the Yamaha Ténéré 700 ADV machine, to help fend off the entries from other brands.
This is where the 2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 Raid Prototype comes into play, and it just broke cover at the 2021 EICMA show in Milan, Italy.
Fitted with a bevy of GYTR parts from the Yamaha aftermarket catalog, the Japanese brand is basically teasing out its next move, with is an up-spec, fully-kitted, middleweight ADV bike to compliment its more bare-bones Yamaha Ténéré 700 offering.
Team Blue says that it wants to engage with T7 owners before committing to making the Ténéré 700 Raid a production model (which begs the question, how long will it take them to bring this bike to market?…amiright).
As such, it is possible that dirt riders could have to peruse the GYTR catalog for a while if they want their own desert mobber.
In case of that of that possibility, the full monty of Yamaha’s Ténéré 700 Raid prototype build is below.
Ténéré 700 Raid Prototype Technical Highlights
- Full titanium Akrapovič race exhaust
- GYTR ECU
- High performance airbox and filter
- 48 teeth final drive sprocket
- Oversize radiator
- Dual cooling fans
- New water pump cover
- New oil cooler
- Rekluse heavy duty clutch
- Two-piece clutch cover
- New clutch lever
- 48 mm long travel front forks – 270 mm
- CNC triple clamps
- New long travel rear shock – 260 mm
- New rear suspension linkage
- High specification single front disc – 300 mm
- Racing brake pads
- Upgraded front brake master cylinder
- New front brake lever
- Oversize 267 mm diameter rear disc
- New caliper mounting bracket
- Steel braided front and rear brake hoses
Source: Yamaha Motor Europe